The Brooklyn College Foundation (BCF) seeks an experienced development professional to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Associate Executive Director (AED), the Associate Director, Stewardship will work closely with the AED and Vice President of Institutional Advancement to manage the restricted donor stewardship activities of the BCF.
- Serve as the BCF liaison with donors of restricted funds and prospects interested in establishing restricted funds. This includes articulating the BCF’s restricted fund policies to all interested donors.
- In coordination with the Associate Directors of Major Gifts and Principal Gifts,
- administer the process for updating donors on the status of their funds and beneficiaries, including student/faculty correspondence throughout the year.
- Manage the production, design, and mailing of the annual Stewardship Booklet.
- Organize and execute an annual stewardship event, or smaller intimate events throughout the year, which connect restricted fund donors with their student and faculty beneficiaries.
- Supervise the restricted gift acknowledgement process.
- Spearhead the process for approving and finalizing donor naming assignments on campus (i.e. securing approval from CUNY’s Board).
- Manage the review and maintenance of all restricted funds. This includes drafting and finalizing restricted fund gift agreements, requesting the establishment of restricted funds and fund transfers/adjustments in Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge, and overseeing the maintenance of restricted fund documents/files.
- Collaborate with the Office of Scholarships and all departmental fund signatories to ensure adherence to donor restrictions and requests.
- Process and maintain legal documents related to estates, trusts, and bequests to establish restricted funds.