The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Associate Director of CFR for Florida is a senior fundraising position within The Nature Conservancy. The position will have a significant impact on nature and how nature and people thrive together, by partnering with principal gift donors, senior TNC conservation leaders, and global experts to steer dollars to high impact conservation projects. It is a position for someone who has a great appetite for learning and engaging on ideas and strategies to address today’s most pressing environmental challenges, including climate change, ocean health, land use, water quality and quantity and technology and innovation.
This is a new position within the Florida Chapter and provides the opportunity for an experienced professional to elevate existing CFR efforts and develop a comprehensive CFR strategy for Florida. This position will have support for prospect research, writing, and administrative functions, and will work closely with other fundraising staff and Board of Trustee members as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years related experience.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with constituents such as major donors and corporations.
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $75,000 or more, including planned gifts.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework or other training in current and evolving trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID # 45527 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST July 11, 2017.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.