ALSAC exists to raise funds and awareness for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Our staff is dynamic and diverse. Our skills are different, our professions are varied; but our mission is the same: support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude. It’s more than a job; it’s a place where you can do what you love, and love why you do it.
- #1 Hospital Charity in the Nation
- #1 Health Non-Profit Brand of the Year
- 94% of Employees Agree ALSAC is a Great Place to Work
- Ranked a Top 10 Non-Profit Organization by Revenue
The Event Specialist is responsible for all aspects of volunteer recruiting and management of multiple high end ($100,000+) special events in assigned geographic area. Assists in maximizing funds raised and increasing support for the awareness of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in the community. Utilizes marketing experience to develop and create new fundraising programs and events. Maintains strict guidelines for expenses and adheres to program standards when conducting these events.
- Requires knowledge of fundraising and public relations
- Possess very strong communication, organizational, interpersonal skills and public speaking skills
- Face to face interaction with event volunteers/sponsors
- Has complete understanding of office procedures, operations and all fundraising activities
- Understand difficult verbal or written instructions
- Understand data processing applications
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through Bachelor's Degree and 4 years fundraising, sales, marketing and/or related experience
- Extensive travel is required, up to 50% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver's license.