Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Philanthropy Coordinator - Principal and Major Gifts
New York, New York
For nearly a century, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has fought for a world where every woman has immediate and unfettered access to the basic reproductive care and knowledge that is her human right. With its 59 affiliates managing more than 700 health centers nationwide, Planned Parenthood provides family planning and reproductive health care services, education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people each year. Now, as the leading reproductive rights advocate, health care provider, and sex educator, Planned Parenthood looks to its next 100 years.
The Philanthropy Coordinator reports to the Philanthropy Officer East Region and provides comprehensive administrative and research support specifically to two gift officers on the Principal and Major Gifts (PMG) team to assist in fundraising efforts. Additionally, the coordinator will work closely with other PMG coordinators and other members of the PMG team, including other gift officers and members of the centennial campaign team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce and mail gift acknowledgements.
- In coordination with gift officers, assist in the preparation of proposals and solicitation letters.
- Assist in the creation of stewardship reports, correspondence, donor/prospect meeting briefings, and event briefings.
- Work with the prospect research team to assist with research of donors and prospects.
- Work with gift officers to ensure all fundraising activity gets recorded accurately in the database.
- Record and maintain accurate information in donor database, including, but not limited to, updating donor specific data and tracking incoming revenue.
- Reconcile travel expenses from gift officers on a timely basis.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree along with one or more work experience required.
The ideal candidate will be someone with initiative, good judgment, and excellent communications skills that can interface professionally with both internal and external constituencies including PPFA staff, donors, and volunteers. S/he must be unflappable with excellent people skills and a strong sense of discretion. The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences: Passion for the mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to be flexible with a dynamic, fast-moving team.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and keep them on track. Precise attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and database platforms. Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- A team player with interpersonal savvy.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Federation of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.